Re: st: Spearman correlations with survey data

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Spearman correlations with survey data
Date   Thu, 8 Nov 2012 09:58:49 +0000

Spearman correlation is just Pearson correlation applied to ranks, so
ranking first (use -egen-) gets you from one to the other. Otherwise
P-values for correlations are over-rated in my view, whether in -svy-
contexts or otherwise.

Others should have comments on the -svy- aspects.

Nick