st: Question on xtreg and the FE option

From   Andrew Nicholson <andrew5@k-state.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Question on xtreg and the FE option
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2012 21:35:23 -0500 (EST)

I have balanced panel data of Kansas Counties for 2001Q1 to 2008Q4.  I currently have the following code as an example

xtreg Y X1 X2 X3, fe

My question is in a few parts:
1) Am I using the fe command fully, is there some further options I should be adding aside from just "fe"?
2) If it is just "fe" what fixed effects are placed into the model with this command?  Does it automatically have Year and State Fixed Effects with just "fe"?

Thank you for your time,

Andrew Nicholson