Re: st: Start values for MLE with xtmixed

From   Arne Risa Hole <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Start values for MLE with xtmixed
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2012 17:41:13 +0100

This won't help the original poster but you can supply your own
starting values and impose constraints with -mixlogit- (available from
SSC) as this uses -ml- to maximise the simulated likelihood function.
See Figure 1 in
http://www.shef.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.105377!/file/2011011.pdf for an
example of how this feature can be used to study empirical
identification as mentioned by Jay.

Arne