st: AIC in fitstat

From   "Lynn Lee" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AIC in fitstat
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:08:25 +0800

Dear all,

I use -fitstat- to check AIC or BIC of probit or logit model. But Stata11
lists several statistics: AIC, AIC*n, AIC used by Stata. Which statistics is
usually reported in probit or logit estimation?

And AIC usually is good statistics to compare between models, but if I only
have one mode, do I still need to report AIC?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee