Re: st: Loop year variable

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Loop year variable
Date   Sun, 21 Oct 2012 12:17:31 +0100

This should yield to a treatment in terms of spells in the sense of
-tsspell- (SSC) and of

SJ-7-2  dm0029  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Speaking Stata: Identifying spells
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q2/07   SJ 7(2):249--265                                 (no commands)
        shows how to handle spells with complete control over
        spell specification

Look at -tsspell- first; it is self-contained. That is, your panels
are defined by country pairs (dyads) and the start of a spell is
defined by a match taking place (or a particular result; I don't
follow exactly what you want, e.g what about draws?). Then a variable
defined by -tsspell- gives you sequence in spell. You may need to
subtract 1.

I don't see that loops are needed.

Nick