st: Two dichotomous variables to One Categorical

From   malay biswas <>
Subject   st: Two dichotomous variables to One Categorical
Date   Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:37:00 +0530

Dear All,
Novice question.
I am trying to transform my two dichotomus variables (Present/Absent,
Present/Absent) into one categorical variable depending upon four
configurations(Present Present =1, Present Absent=2, Absent Present=3,
Absent Absent=4).

Could you please help by giving me stata command for the same?

Thank you for your precious time and attention.