Re: st: unrar - unzipfile

From   Aaron Kirkman <>
Subject   Re: st: unrar - unzipfile
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:25:44 -0500

Hi Pablo,

I don't know of a Stata command to unrar files, but if you're on
Windows using WinRAR, you could use

!unrar e filename.rar

to --unrar-- the file from the command line. This assumes that you
have added WinRAR to the Windows path. Assuming WinRAR is installed in
"C:\Program Files\WinRAR\", you can add it to the path with the
following command, run in the Windows shell itself (e.g. invoked with
the --shell-- command in Stata).

set path="C:\Program Files\WinRAR\";%path%

Then the previous --unrar-- command I gave you should work.