Re: st: Merging Do-Files

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Merging Do-Files
Date   Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:30:41 +0200

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM, SAM MCCAW <> wrote:
> I have about 23 Stata do-files which I would like to merge into one
> do-file. Is there a way to merge do-files in Stata withtout copying
> and pasting each do file into a single one?

It is often better to keep separate parts of a project in separate do
files, and call them all in one master .do file. That way you have the
advantage of smaller more easily maintainable .do files and the
advantage of having to run only one (master) .do file when you want to
run the entire project in one go.

Typically your file will consist of only a few lines like:

probably supplemented with some useful comments to document what do
file does what.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50