Re: st: contrasts

From   Jeff Pitblado <>
Subject   Re: st: contrasts
Date   Mon, 01 Oct 2012 11:00:36 -0500

Nikolaos Pandis <> asks about plotting pairwise comparisons of margins:

I am running the following command:

reg force i.wiretype //wiretype has 3 levels

then I would like to get the contrasts (2 vs. 1, 3 vs.1 and 3 vs.2) and plot via marginsplot.

margins r.wiretype,contrast

I can get the 2 contrasts with the baseline but I cannot get the last 3 vs. 2 contrast within the same command so I can include all 3 contrasts in the marginsplot.

Instead of contrasts of the margins,

	. margins r.wiretype, contrast

Nick can use the -pwcompare- option to get the pairwise comparisons
of the margins,

	. margins wiretype, pwcompare

--Jeff Pitblado