st: Generating tables with predicted probabilities (asclogit)

From   Wameq Raza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Generating tables with predicted probabilities (asclogit)
Date   Fri, 28 Sep 2012 13:47:49 +0200

Hi everyone,
I've been using STATA 12 to run a conditional logit model with
alternative specific and case specific variables using the asclogit
command. I've been
able to run everything fine, but I'm trying to generate graphs of
probabilities for the alternative specific variables per the
categories in my dependent
var.
Just to give you a background, I've been modeling the determinants of
health seeking behaviour and have 5 categories of providers (Public,
Private,
RMPs, Pharmacists and Others) as my dependent var and have avg cost,
distance and waiting time as alt specific vars along with a battery of
case
specific vars such as demographics, income and so forth.
At this point, what I want to do is graph the effect of say a change
in cost on probabilities of choosing each of the providers.
In a MNL model, one would predict probability of each of the equations
and then use:

predict p1, equation (#1)
graph twoway (qfit p1 income)

For the asclogit model, I've predicted the probability using
predict p1, pr

But I'm guessing this is predicting the probabilities for the entire
model as opposed to based on provider choices (ie, specific
equations)?

Can anyone suggest anything I might be able to do?
Best
Wameq

--
W A M E Q   R A Z A