st: Cox model with unobserved heterogeneity

From   "Nynke ." <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Cox model with unobserved heterogeneity
Date   Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:12:20 +0000

Hi everybody,

I would like to estimate a mixed proportional hazard model with a flexibel specification of the hazard in Stata, comparable to a Cox model with unobserved heterogeneity. I can estimate a MPH with a parametric form of the hazard and unobserved heterogeneity (streg with frailty) or a Cox model without accounting for unobserved heterogeneity (stcox), but how do I sort of combine these two? And when I have estimated this model, is there a way to check the PH assumption?
I hope you can help me, the archive is always a great help for me but not in this specific case!