Re: st: Fwd: How to interpret regression?

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: How to interpret regression?
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:41:16 -0400

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Maarten Buis <> wrote:
> In that case you'll get a step function with a slope, which is not
> necessarily wrong but often hard to justify. If that appeals to
> someone, than a linear spline will probably appeal to such a person
> even more, especially since a linear spline often makes much more
> sense. See -help mkspline-.

Good idea! Regression splines are under-used by many people. They're
not easy to interpret but make very good graphs, which are easier to
interpret and usually what is wanted.

JVVerkuilen, PhD

"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world
is too full to talk about." ---Rumi