Re: st: Fwd: How to interpret regression?

Subject   Re: st: Fwd: How to interpret regression?
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:41:16 -0400

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Maarten Buis <maartenlbuis@gmail.com> wrote:

> In that case you'll get a step function with a slope, which is not
> necessarily wrong but often hard to justify. If that appeals to
> someone, than a linear spline will probably appeal to such a person
> even more, especially since a linear spline often makes much more
> sense. See -help mkspline-.

Good idea! Regression splines are under-used by many people. They're
not easy to interpret but make very good graphs, which are easier to
interpret and usually what is wanted.

--
JVVerkuilen, PhD
jvverkuilen@gmail.com

"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world
is too full to talk about." ---Rumi