st: RE: RE: Residual diagnostics for panel data regression

From   Silvia Palombi <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Residual diagnostics for panel data regression
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 08:48:28 +0100

Hi Mark

Thanks a lot.
I am using xtcd, but I'm doing xtmg estimation and unfortunately xttest1 etc. can only be used after xtreg and xtgls.

As an alternative, I constructed a loop to ran -wntestq- (Portmanteau's serial correlation test) on region-specific residuals, stored the p-values and then used these to obtain a Fisher statistics.
This is as far as I could get because I cannot do the same with -hettest-, since this command can only be used after -reg- and not to test residuals directly as with -wntestq- (i.e., hettest resid is not allowed).

If you have any other suggestions it would be helpful to hear them.

Many thanks,

From: [] On Behalf Of Schaffer, Mark E []
Sent: 24 September 2012 21:34
Subject: st: RE: Residual diagnostics for panel data regression

A bit of searching with findit yielded some possibilities:

-findit [P]- (where [P] is the name of the program above) will tell you
about the program and how to install it.

> Thank you.
> *
> *   For searches and help try:
> *
> *
> *

Heriot-Watt University is the Sunday Times
Scottish University of the Year 2011-2012

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.