Re: st: Error with plugin

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Error with plugin
Date   Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:39:57 +0100

I passed smoothly and painlessly from not needing to use plugins to
being aware that Mata offered the power of plug-ins without the pain.
So here I am guessing.

r(102) is explained within what you cite as not enough variables. So,
the natural debug question is what in what you typed is to leading to
Stata failing to see a (large enough) varlist? I would point a finger
at your line

plugin call varsum, x1 x2 x3

Here the comma is, I guess, leading to an empty varlist and your error
message. I see no grounds for inserting a comma there.

Nick