Re: st: box plots of main effect relative risks

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: box plots of main effect relative risks
Date   Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:32:41 +0100

I don't know if Alpna really wanted to produce box plots or just confidence interval plots. However, as it happens, you CAN do box plots with whiskers using -eclplot-. This is done using the -baddplot()- option to add the whiskers. (That was my reason for adding the -baddplot()- option to -eclplot-.)

As in:

sysuse auto, clear;
collapse (min) min=weight (p25) p25=weight (p50) p50=weight (p75) p75=weight (max) max=weight, by(foreign);
list;
eclplot p50 p25 p75 foreign, hori rplottype(rbar) baddplot(rspike min max foreign, hori) ylab(0 1);

This code will produce a horizontal box plot, with the dots indicating medians, in front of the bars indicating 25th and 75th percentiles, in front of the whiskers indicating the minimum and the maximum car weight in the group. -eclplot- has numerous options that can be used to alter the look of the graph, including adding a scatter plot to include extreme data points.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil