st: Weights now allowed

From   Daniel Almar de Sneijder <dasneijder@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Weights now allowed
Date   Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:23:01 -0400

Hello Stata

When I attempt to run:

***** calculates average exp ret age
drop ravgexpretage

gen double ravgexpretage = r1expretage

forvalues i = 1/30659 {
  replace ravgexpretage[i] = ( r1expretage[i] + r3expretage[i] +
r4expretage[i] + r5expretage[i] + r6expretage[i] + r7expretage[i] +
r8expretage[i] )
  replace ravgexpretage[i] =  ravgexpretage[i] *(1/7)
}

I receive the message: "weights not allowed"

What is the problem and How can I circumvene this?
My initial idea was to add all the variables up and then divide it by
7, which works. However it only adds the observations up if each
variable has a observation So that is why I decided to do it like
this.

Thanks,
Daniel