st: standardized coefficients from a probit model for path analysis using -listcoef-

From   Hilary Taylor <Hilary.Taylor@bristol.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: standardized coefficients from a probit model for path analysis using -listcoef-
Date   Thu, 13 Sep 2012 16:30:52 +0100

Hi, I would be very grateful if you would be able to help me with the following question:

I am constructing a path analysis that has a binary outcome variable (all the other variables are continuous). For the models with continuous outcome I am using multiple regression with the option -beta- to acquire fully standardized coefficients. For the model with the binary outcome I am using -probit- and then following this up with -listcoef- (STB-57: sg152)and am reading from the 'bStdXY' column - the fully standardized coefficients.

Could you tell me if my result from 'bStdXY' is the best equivalent for me to use in a model along with results from -beta-?

Many thanks