st: weird behavior of -append- (more)

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <alan.h.feiveson@nasa.gov>
Subject   st: weird behavior of -append- (more)
Date   Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:12:56 -0500

Apparently this has something to do with the smaller file being a collapsed version of the original larger file and the original file being read in from excel.

I can't reproduce this situation if I just create the original file interactively, regardless of whether
I use -collapse- or collapse it "by hand".

Al