Re: st: make syntax options optional

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: make syntax options optional
Date   Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:21:48 +0200

Tashi,

No need to search the archives for the correct specification of the
-integer- option, as this is clearly documented in -help syntax-.

If <firm_id> varies (in whatever sense), why would the option be optional?

Anyway, just make it a -numlist-instead of an -integer-. How to do so
is documented in -help syntax-

Best
Daniel
--
[...]

I searched for archive and found out that we need to give a default
value for optional options like following

syntax, doc_id(int) [firm_id(int 5)]

I am not sure if I understood this. Does this not fix firm_id=5? In my
case, firm_id will vary. Any idea or hint will be highly appreciated.