st: Different Label Positions for Different Bars in one Bar Chart

From   Jan Keil <keil@gmx.us>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Different Label Positions for Different Bars in one Bar Chart
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:56:05 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I am trying to create an hbar chart where the labels are inside and at the base position for some bars while the labels of other bars are located outside.
It seems to be the case that this can only be done for all bars at the same time. I did not find an easy way to do it but I am sure that there is a very trivial solution.

The option for changing it for all graphs is blabel(name, position(base)).

The whole command looks similar to this

graph hbar costs, over(industry)
asyvars blabel(name, position(base))
bar(1,color(gs8)) bar(2,color(gs12))