st: how to define a matrix with mathematical expression

From   Nina YIN <>
Subject   st: how to define a matrix with mathematical expression
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:22:38 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to construct a matrix with elements defined in
mathematical expression. For example, a m*m matrix A with elements
"a_{ij}"=partial Di/ partial Pj. Di (Pj) is the i-th ( j-th ) element
of variable D(P).

I just know -matrix define and -mkmat, however I didn't find out that
these two commands could help me in this problem. Do I understand it

Do you have any idea in this problem? Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Toulouse School of Economics
Manufacture des Tabacs
21 Allee de Brienne