Re: st: Browian Motion

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Browian Motion
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:04:58 +0100

I don't claim to be principally an econometrician. However, I think the way to model "geometric Brownlan motion" for stock value data is to transform the stock values to logs and then to fit a Normal model, possibly using autoregressive and/or moving average time series.

You don't state which version of Stata you have. However, to estimate geometric means and their ratios, we frequently use the -eform()- option of -regress- (or of other packages). This is discussed in Newson (2003).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger