Re: st: polychoric for huge data sets

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: polychoric for huge data sets
Date   Wed, 5 Sep 2012 14:54:55 +0100

Experiment supports intuition in suggesting that the number of
variables is a bigger deal for -polychoric- than the number of
observations, and also that you can get results for 8000 obs and 40
variables in several minutes on a mundane computer. That's tedious
interactively but  doesn't support the claim that Timea made. Best
just to write a do-file and let it run while you are doing something