Re: st: variation in estimation sample with mi estimate & svy

From (Yulia Marchenko, StataCorp)
To   statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: variation in estimation sample with mi estimate & svy
Date   Sun, 02 Sep 2012 12:19:47 -0500

Marcus L Britton <> tries to use -mi estimate-'s -esampvaryok-
option to allow estimation on varying estimation samples when running
-mi estimate: svy: logit- and receives the following error:

> According to the mi estimate documentation, I should be able to use the
> esampvaryok option to override this error message, but when I do, I get this
> error message:
>  Imputations (20):
>   option esampvaryok not allowed
>  an error occurred when svy executed logit
>  an error occurred when mi estimate executed svy: logit on m=1
> Any ideas on why this is happening or what I should do about it?

The most likely reason for this error message is that Marcus is specifying the
-esampvaryok- option with -svy: logit- instead of with -mi estimate-.
The correct syntax for this is:

  . mi estimate, esampvaryok: svy: logit ...

If this does not solve the problem for Marcus, he should contact Stata
technical services at for additional help with this.

-- Yulia