Full references are expected [was: Re: st: QUAIDS with demographic translation]

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Full references are expected [was: Re: st: QUAIDS with demographic translation]
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:24:12 +0100

This is a reminder that we expect full references. The advice at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#question

has recently been revised to make this even more explicit:

Precise literature references please! Please do not assume that the
literature familiar to you is familiar to all members of Statalist. Do
not refer to publications with just minimal details (for example,
author and date). Questions like “Has anyone implemented the
heteroscedasticity under a full moon test of Sue, Grabbit, and Runne
(1989)?” admittedly divide the world. Anyone who has not heard of the
said test would not be helped by the full reference to answer the
question, but he or she might well appreciate the full reference.
References should be in a form that you would expect in an academic
publication or technical document. For example, include full author
name, date, paper title, journal title, and volume and page numbers in
the case of a journal article.