st: SEM with categorical variables

From   Duru <>
Subject   st: SEM with categorical variables
Date   Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:41:09 +0200

Dear all,
I am trying to estimate a structural equations model with Stata 12. I
have ordinal items for my latent dependent variable and categorical
manifest independent variables.
I am not clear on how to handle this. I have read somewhere on the web
that estimating polychoric correlations and feeding them into SEM
could be an option or specifying another estimation method (than ML)
would suffice? In Mplus I just need to specify those variables as
categorical and it chooses the proper method by default.

Many thanks,