st: Estout with multiple discrete choice estimates (w/ example)

From   Dorothy Bridges <dbstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Estout with multiple discrete choice estimates (w/ example)
Date   Fri, 24 Aug 2012 18:16:55 -0700

I am having a problem referencing equation numbers in estout.
Specifically, this works:

*This works:
sysuse voter, clear
eststo clear
label drop candidat
eststo: mprobit candidat inc
esttab using "LAPOP/Tables/Voter.tex", b(a2) replace drop(2: 3:)

BUT

*But this produces the error "equation 2 not found"
eststo clear
gen clinton=(candidat==2)
eststo: logit clinton inc
eststo: mprobit candidat inc
esttab using "LAPOP/Tables/Voter2.tex", b(a2) replace drop(2: 3:)

I'm guessing that this has something to do with the fact that I have
to reference est2 in the drop() option, but I can't find any examples
of (or documentation about) this.  Your assistance would be deeply
appreciated.