st: Writing a Stata dataset within mata

From   John Luke Gallup <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Writing a Stata dataset within mata
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2012 14:36:42 -0700

I am interested in saving a Stata dataset from within mata.  I see that there are the commands -st_fopen()- and -st_fwritesignature()- to open and create the header, but it is not clear to me how then to write the Stata variables to the Stata dataset.  Alternatively, I could use the commands -st_store()- and  -stata("save ..., replace")- but I am not sure if there are disadvantages to this.  Any advice would be appreciated.