st: PMG Estimators

From   Ram Acharya <>
Subject   st: PMG Estimators
Date   Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:55:20 -0400

I have panel data with 476 panel (country and industry combination)
and 30 years. I would like to estimate Pooled Mean Group Estimators
with error correction model.  I cannot solve the model; the --xtpmg--
command yields "initial values not feasible". Although I will have
several explanatory variables in the estimation, as a simple run, I
tried the following single explanatory variable equation.

. xtpmg D.ltfp1 D.lrd_15 if year>=1974, lr(L.ltfp1 lrd_15) ec(ec) replace pmg
initial values not feasible

Any help that help me proceed to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Ram Acharya