st: destring_loop

From   Mahbubeh Parsaeian <mahbobehparsaeian@yahoo.com>
Subject   st: destring_loop
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 23:15:39 -0700 (PDT)

I have imported an Excel worksheet to Stata but all numerical variables was converted to string.

I want to use destring to convert these string variables to numeric for all variables except the first  variable.
Imagine there are 10 variables (Var 1 – Var 10) and the first variable should remain in string format.
I have write the following command and it works correctly.
destring Var2– Var10, replace
This conversion (string to numeric) should be done for a lot of data set with varying length and in each data set the first variable should remain in string format.
I want to write a loop for these task and want to use this command in that loop but I don’t khow how is possible to call second variables till the end as we usually done for numeric values ( for example 2/max)
Would you please help me to find a good solution?
Thanks