Re: st:Survival analysis - dealing with Right truncated data

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st:Survival analysis - dealing with Right truncated data
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 10:59:03 -0400

Because you utilize no information about those who did not fail, you can
say _nothing_ about the impact of covariates on survival.

Example: compare 2 groups

1. Your data

Group 1:   1 2
Group 2:   9 10

What can be said: of those who failed, failures in group 2
were later.  But this does _not_ mean that survival was
better in group 2.

2. Complete Data

Group 1: Failures 1 2   Not Failed 11 12 13
Group 2: Failures 9 10  Not failed 0

Percent who failed through T = 10
Group 1  20%
Group 2  100%