Re: st: Common Factor Analysis

From   Philip Ender <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Common Factor Analysis
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:20:10 -0700

Afif Naeem <[email protected]> wrote:
I am using Common Factor Analysis as part of my research, and it is
being used in an exploratory manner rather than confirmatory manner. I
know there is a way (and I dont know it yet) to report t-value for
each of the factor loadings associated with the variables used in
confirmatory Factor Analysis. I want to know if there is a way to get
the t-value for factor loadings for the exploratory factor analysis
(using command -factor-) as well?

Dear Afif,

Currently Stata does not compute standard errors for either the
initial factor solution nor the rotated factor loadings.  I know that
SAS,  Mplus and cefa provide standard errors.  Standard errors needed
if you want to test hypotheses about the loadings.  However,
confidence intervals on the loadings may be more useful than t-tests.

--
Phil Ender
UCLA Statistical Consulting Group