Re: st: Diff-in-diff: how to account for treatment intensity, rather than just a treatment dummy?

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Diff-in-diff: how to account for treatment intensity, rather than just a treatment dummy?
Date   Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:20:59 -0700

"Second, if I do not find another way than to break the treatment
variable D into 10 dummies, does anyone know how I could recover the
mean ATT and its standard error? I guess I would need to weight the 10
different ATTs that I got, but what should be the weights? How about
number of treated observations in each treatment group?"

The process you want is described in Imbens' 2000 Biometrika paper
which proposes the Generalised Propensity Score [GPS]
dx.doi.org/10.1093/biomet/87.3.706
See page 708.