Re: st: margins dydx for logit model with interaction terms

From   David Quinn <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: margins dydx for logit model with interaction terms
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2012 16:32:17 -0400

Thanks, Richard.  I did not use factor variable notation.  Hence,
that's why I also set the interactions at specific values in the
margins command.  Is there a reason to use the factor notation
instead?

I think that Stata is interpreting the "atmeans" part of the margins
command as setting all variables at their means, including the
variable of interest (the one placed in parentheses after dydx).
Perhaps what I need to do is remove the "atmeans" part, and instead
include the control variable (X4) in the -at- specification and set it
at its mean value.

--Dave