st: STSET command causing trouble

From   Daniel Ginnerup Kappers / Region Nordjylland <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: STSET command causing trouble
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2012 12:41:22 +0200

Hello Statalist.

I am having trouble using the stset command for my intended purpose.

What i need to do is to count whether each observation has a failure. This i have succeeded in, and got the right number (1510). But my problem is that: When a failure is registered, the observation is censored, and therefor it doesnt keep counting the time elapsed for those observations, which i need it to do. Because i would like to see the number of observationyears in total, i have a variable called "enddate" which i have tried to set as "exit(time enddate)" but it still censors the observations that are getting a failure registration.

I hope that you can help, and that this is enough information

Daniel G. Kappers

Tel      +4572137835/+4526748134

          +4597643563 - OBS: Nyt nummer pr. 21. August
Fax     +4572137235

Aalborg Psychiatric Hospital

Aarhus University Hospital

Centre for Schizophrenia