Re: st: beginer's mata function in dofile

From   daniel klein <>
Subject   Re: st: beginer's mata function in dofile
Date   Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:40:34 +0200

there is nothing I can really add to that statement. The critical
point is to define/compile the Mata function before you call it. This
do-file works, without a -program- being defined.

m :
void myfunc(real scalar x)

loc x 42
m : myfunc(`x')

The only thing I didn't follow is where you say... it is not necessary
to define a program that calls mata functions. Could you elaborate on