st: putmata and getmata

From   tashi lama <>
To   <>
Subject   st: putmata and getmata
Date   Thu, 2 Aug 2012 20:21:41 +0000

Hello all,
    I am experimenting with mata in an interactive mode. Could someone briefly touch on the following things?

1. I have an autodata in my stata memory. When I write

:putmata *    =>invalid expression when clearly the documentation says creates a vector for all the variables in the memory.

2. It appears mata can only load either a numeric variable with st_data function or a string variable with st_sdata at one time. Which means it really bars you from getting a full picture of a dataset.