Re: st: using stata automation with

From   Hua Peng <>
Subject   Re: st: using stata automation with
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:43:19 -0500

San Chu <> wrote:

>I would like to use stata automation with I am trying the very first >examples from When I add reference for a project
>in VS, there is no stata item in the list of COM. Could someone help me to
>solve this problem?
>I have Visual Studio 2010 and stataSE -64 version 12 on one computer that I am
>not an admin.

To install the Stata OLE object or any OLE objects, the user must
be an admin of the machine.  San needs to ask an admin of the machine
to register the Stata OLE object following the instructions for
Vista machines in