Re: st: assessing model fit when using method(mlmv) vce(cluster clustervar)

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: assessing model fit when using method(mlmv) vce(cluster clustervar)
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:58:25 +0200

Hi:

At this time, Stata cannot do it, unfortunately, with -sem-. This is technically possible. Stata can do this with ivregress if the -robust- or -cluster- option is used. Likewise, so can -overid- do it. Mplus, a competing SEM software package does provide a robust chi-square test of fit so it is also possible with latent variables (Mplus even allows categorical and ordinal indicators, as well as a robust test of fit based on a WLS estimator). I hope that the Stata people are listening in and will plan this on the next -sem- upgrade (I have made this suggestion already to technical support).

Best,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Faculty of Business and Economics