st: RE: Graphing Stacked Likert Scale With Neutral in Middle

From   "David Radwin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graphing Stacked Likert Scale With Neutral in Middle
Date   Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:44:29 -0700 (PDT)

As described by the FAQ, Statalist members are admonished to provide the
author(s) and location of user-written programs. Although it may seem to
be an official Stata command, -catplot- is written by Nick Cox and is
available from SSC. (Members are also admonished to read the FAQ before
posting.)

If you are willing to forgo showing the middle (neutral) category, you
might try -slideplot- (also by Nick Cox and available at SSC). If you must
show the middle category, the positives and negatives won't line up anyway
except in the rare instance when the two groups have exactly the same
proportion of neutral responses. Also, you may need to manipulate the data
first (as with -collapse- or -contract-) to get percentages or
proportions.

David
--
David Radwin