RE: st: Propensity score matching

From   "KASHEFIPOUR E." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Propensity score matching
Date   Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:37:04 +0100

Hi Areil,

Many thanks for your comments. You mentioned that "comparability is
determined by ensuring that they balance on covariates that are measured
before they start issuing bonds". I am wondering in which year they
could be balanced? My control sample varies between 2007 and 2011 and
the treated sample issue bonds between 2007 and 2011. Thanks for your
help.

Best,
Eilnaz

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ariel Linden,
DrPH
Sent: 19 July 2012 16:30
To: [email protected]
Subject: re: st: Propensity score matching

The simple answer is that matching is intended to create balance between
treated and controls on pre-intervention covariates.

For your situation (as I understand it), the companies who issue bonds
should be comparable to those firms who do not issue bonds. Here
comparability is determined by ensuring that they balance on covariates
that are measured before they start issuing bonds, since the "issuing of
bonds"
appears to be the intervention.

Your additional comments "both sample varies between 2007 and 2011" and
"how should the dataset look" gives us no meaningful information to help
you. You should think carefully about how you pose a question if you
would like to get a meaningful response.

Ariel