Re: st: constant gologit2

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: constant gologit2
Date   Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:47:01 -0500

At 10:09 AM 7/15/2012, wrote:
Dear Statalisters,

I have a question regarding the gologit2 estimation procedure: How can I interpret the _cons that is displayed with the output? If my equation does contain a constant, can this be identified seperately?

Thank you very much for your advice!

gologit2 is like running a series of logistic regressions. So, if Y has 4 categories, in the first panel you get category 1 versus categories 2, 3, 4. Then, you get 1, 2 versus 3, 4. Then, 1, 2, 3 versus 4. So, you interpret the constant the same way you would interpret the constant in logistic regressions. gologit2 does not support a noconstant option. For more, see

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu