st: Installing older versions of ado files?

From   "Noggle, Matthew" <Matthew.Noggle@chicagobooth.edu>
Subject   st: Installing older versions of ado files?
Date   Thu, 12 Jul 2012 19:49:22 +0000

Hi all,

I am running Stata/MP 12.1 for Windows 64-bit, revision 03 July 2012.

I was wondering if there is any sort of version history for ado files beyond ones that have been published in SJ or STB. That is, for something like nearmrg, which returns a single result through findit, is it possible to install an older version of the package? Or are only the latest versions hosted?

I ask because we have several directories that run with v2.0.2 of that package, but the syntax has changed enough to require updates with v2.1.1, the current one.

This isn't a huge issue, but for replication and ease of use of older directories, it may be nice to be able to specify which version of a package to install.

Thanks,
-Matt Noggle