st: predict after logit

From   Sara Borelli <>
Subject   st: predict after logit
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:01:56 -0400

Hi all,
I am running a logit model to obtain a predicted probability for each
individual (phat_i)  using predict, pr command .

 I have to calculate the average of  this prediction within some
categories of a variable x:
 mean_phat_i=mean( phat_i)  by(x)
and obtain standard errors and confidence interval for this mean.

I know I can use adjust for this purpose, but I also need to calculate
standard errors/confidence intervals  for mean_phat_i

Thanks in advance for any insight