Re: st: data import/varname problem

From   Daniel Feenberg <>
Subject   Re: st: data import/varname problem
Date   Tue, 10 Jul 2012 15:29:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Jeph Herrin wrote:

I have a dataset that comes to me in two files. Both are comma separated files: one is the header (list of variable names) and the other is the data. My problem is to combine the two, so that I have variable names on the data.

In Windows, the copy command can concatenate files:

  copy a+b c

In Unix, the cat command:

  cat a b >c

Another possibility is to edit the first file into an input statement - that is probably what I would do.

Have you confirmed that the variable names don't include spaces or dashes?

dan feenberg