Re: st: Industry dummies - inflated standard errors

From   Stefano Lugo <>
Subject   Re: st: Industry dummies - inflated standard errors
Date   Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:42:14 +0200

Dear Florian,

Do you get a -convergence not achieved- message?
Sometimes those models have an hard time when fixed effects are included; here are a couple of heuristic solution that in my experience might work:

1) Try to directly exclude collinear indicators instead of letting stata dropping them 2) Try to run the estimation twice: sometimes the first one is useful to set a better starting point that helps convergence.