Re: st: test of repeated measurements - ordinal data (likert scale)

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: test of repeated measurements - ordinal data (likert scale)
Date   Fri, 6 Jul 2012 07:33:17 -0400

Hi, Mette.

The patients' responses to that question produce an ordered categorical outcome.

You should be able to use -ologit- to take into account the clustered
nature of the data (i.e., repeated measurements).

I suggest that you not focus too early on tests.  Start by making
various plots of the data, to discover what form the trends take.
Rabe-Hesketh and Skrondal (2012, Chapter 11) develop an example that
shows the process, including the use of -ologit- with clustered data.
(It's also in Chapter 7 of their second edition.)

David Hoaglin

Rabe-Hesketh, S. and A. Skrondal (2012). Multilevel and Longitudinal
Modeling Using Stata, third edition.  College Station, TX: Stata
Press.