st: test of repeated measurements - ordinal data (likert scale)

From   Mette Olsen <>
Subject   st: test of repeated measurements - ordinal data (likert scale)
Date   Fri, 6 Jul 2012 08:14:55 +0000

I wish to find a test that can compare patients' evaluation of a nutritional supplement over time.
Patients are asked the same questions (e.g.. "how did you overall find the supplement?" - 'dislike very much' 'dislike' ' indifferent' 'like' or 'like very much') after 2 weeks, 1, 2 and 3 months of supplementation, respectively.
I wish to know if there is a trend towards improved/worsened evaluation during the supplementation period, but I am not sure which type of test I should use. I have been suggested using xtmixed models but am not sure if the test allows for non-parametric data? I've also been suggested ologit but I'm not sure it can be used for repeated measurements in the same group.

I look forward to learning more! Thanks in advance.
Mette Frahm Olsen,
PhD stud