Re: st: Multiple imputation with panel data

From   Oliver Jones <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multiple imputation with panel data
Date   Fri, 06 Jul 2012 01:42:50 +0200

Hi Veronica,

if the little data example Lance gave is describing your situation, then I agree with his conclusion that you can not impute the missing values.

To be precise there is a way to get reasonable values for x2007 but the result will not help in explaining y2007! The way I'm talking about is to estimate x2003 = b_0 + b_1*y2003 then assume that the parameters didn't change over time and calculate b_0 + b_1*y2007 which is your estimate for x2007...

But as Lence said, others might come up with something more helpful...

Best Oliver