st: Multiple imputation with panel data

From   Oliver Jones <ojones@wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Multiple imputation with panel data
Date   Thu, 05 Jul 2012 19:27:47 +0200

Hi Veronica,
I have just one hint: Maybe two observations are just not enough to do the imputation.
Just think about it, I give a number, e.g. 3.145 percent, for 2003 and a number, e.g 5.0 percent, for 2007 and ask you what are the values for the years in between.
Can you imagine some fancy method two figure it out?
I would suspect, under the assumption you don't have any other information, that there is no best solution. Maybe you could just draw a line between the years.

Best
Oliver